This is my go-to recipe for grilled chicken (or stovetop chicken depending on if I'm willing to brave the cold outside to grill) that I've tweaked over the years. This recipe only takes about 10 minutes to prepare and you can keep it in the fridge for several days. I like to make a big batch of this so it's ready to go throughout the week whenever I want a quick and easy meal.
The marinade that the chicken soaks in has a ton of flavor and the lemon juice helps by tenderizing the meat.
Pair your chicken with some veggies, rice, or a sweet potato and you have your meal ready to go!
Healthy Lemon Grilled Chicken
2 1/2lbs chicken breast; cut into 3" chunks
4 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/8 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tsp oregano
Salt to taste
1. In a large bowl, add olive oil and lemon juice together and stir.
2. Mix in remaining spices to the olive oil/lemon juice mixture.
3. Place chicken in bowl and coat thoroughly with mixture.
4. Cover tightly with lid and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes, preferably overnight
5. Set stove top or grill to medium heat when ready to cook and add chicken. Let chicken cook for 4-5 minutes per side to ensure it is heated through properly (I usually let mine cook a drop longer as we like our chicken slightly browned).
....That's it! Eat and enjoy thoroughly!